Ceramic Planters vs. Cast Stone Planters: Which One is Better?
Adding outdoor decor to your home or business to spruce it up can be as easy as adding some lovely planters to the design. There are so many options for outdoor planters that you might not know which types of planters to choose. Two types of planters to explore include ceramic planters and cast stone planters.
Both of these planter varieties have attractive features but you might find that one type of planter is better for your needs than the other, add these Modern Planters to Perk up your Indoor and Outdoor Spaces. From ceramic planters with vibrant color tones to cast stone planters of a more subtle nature, you’ll find the perfect planters to make your landscape shine.
Ceramic pot and planters come in many different styles, colors, and designs. You can purchase this ceramics planter in natural tones or glazed for an extra aesthetically pleasing look. Ceramics planters come in different weights however they can be lighter than some other planter materials, such as cast stone or concrete.
When you purchase ceramic pots and planters, you should know that they are more fragile than some other planters and can be scratched and chipped. With this in mind, you shouldn’t put them in a location that will see a lot of foot traffic or in a high wind area where they could blow over.
What are the Advantages of using Ceramic Planters?
If you’re considering buying Ceramic Planters for your home, garden, or patio, you’ll find many beneficial aspects when you do so. Here are some of the pros of ceramic planters:
- Ceramic planters are porous so they allow the plants and flowers to get air and moisture. These elements will even reach the root level.
- These planters are extremely eye-catching, regardless of whether they are glazed or painted. They can also be tall planters, indoor ceramic planters or even cute planters.
- Ceramic planters aren’t as heavy as cast stone planters but they do have more weight than other types of planters so they won’t blow away too easily or be knocked over.
- The thick planter walls that you’ll find with ceramic planters will protect the plants and flowers from drastic temperature changes.
- Glazed ceramic planters are waterproof, so you can rest easy knowing that when you water your flowers and plants, the water will stay in.
What are the Disadvantages of using Ceramic Planters?
In addition to looking at the positive aspects of ceramic planters, it’s also important to know about the less positive aspects you might find with ceramic planters. Knowing the cons as well as the pros will help you to make the best-informed decision when choosing your ideal planter.
Here are some cons associated with ceramic planters:
- Ceramic planters often only have one drainage area in the bottom of the pots so they might not drain as well as some other planters.
- Ceramic is less sturdy than some other planter materials, so it might break or chip easier than other types of planters. If you’re going to place the ceramic planters in high traffic areas, you should do so with caution.
- If the ceramic planters will be enduring extreme temperatures, such as cold areas, you might want to choose a different material. When ceramic is exposed to extreme cold, the soil will freeze and expand, causing the ceramic to crack or break.
- Ceramic planters can also retain heat more than other planters. When this is the case, the result is that microorganisms are killed and the plants can be burned.
By reviewing the advantages and disadvantages associated with ceramic planters, you can determine if this planter material is right for you or if you want to try planters made with a different material.
Cast Stone Planters
Another option for planter materials is cast stone. Cast Stone Planters are heavier garden planters that are built with longevity in mind. A cast stone planter is sturdy and durable, all the while looking great with its natural aesthetics.
Cast stone planters can be filled with flowers and plants of a wide array. These are ideal planters for your home, office, or patio landscape. When you choose a cast stone planter, these planters are best for situations where you won’t have to move them to different locations as they’re heavy in weight.
What are the Advantages of using Cast Stone Planters?
If you’re interested in cast stone planters and wondering if this type of planter material is right for you and your outdoor garden area, there are some pros you should be aware of. These are things that make cast stone planters perfect for holding your favorite plants and flowers.
Here are some of the advantages of choosing cast stone planters:
- When you buy cast stone planters, you can rest assured that these planters are durable and are built to last. If you want a planter that will stand the test of time, cast stone planters are it.
- Cast stone planters use a material that is less permeable than some other planter materials which means that it keeps the water in which is better for your flowers and plants.
- You’ll also find that cast stone planters are excellent weather resistant items. Rain, wind, or shine, you can rest easy knowing that your planters will continue looking great and remain in excellent condition.
- Cast stone planters are also applauded by garden enthusiasts as they won’t blow over. They are made of an extremely heavy material which helps them to stand up straight at all times.
When you consider these advantages, you can see why cast stone planters are adored by many individuals.
What are the Disadvantages of using Cast Stone Planters?
With every purchase decision, it’s important to not only consider the pros but also the cons of certain planters. There are a few disadvantages associated with cast stone planters that you should be aware of to help you with your buying decision.
Here are some cons of cast stone planters:
- Since cast stone planters are made of such a heavy material, they are difficult to move too often. So, if you buy a cast stone planter, you will probably be keeping it in one place and one place only.
- Cast stone planters do come in different color tones but they are all earthy tones. Therefore, if you’re looking for a vibrantly colored planter, cast stone planters may not be your best bet.
If you want to have a moveable cast stone planter or one that is colorful, this type of planter might not be the right one for you.
Which Type of Planter Should You Buy?
When faced with the decision of whether to buy the ceramic planter or cast stone planter, you should answer a few questions first:
- Will you be moving your planter?
- Do you want it to be colorful or earthy in color tone?
- Will it be placed in a high wind area?
- Will there be drastic temperature changes?
- How porous do you want the material to be?
By answering these questions and then comparing your answers with the planter descriptions above, you can decide whether a ceramic planter or cast stone planter is right for you. Whichever type of planter you choose, you can rest assured that the decision will result in the purchase of a lovely, useful planter for your home or garden.
If you want to learn more about Planters, check our Planters Collection. Or visit Outdoor Art Pros if you are looking for more home improvement decors and feel free contact us if you have any question.
Decorative Large Outdoor Planters You'll Surely Love
Beautifying your property can be accomplished in many ways. From adding lovely outdoor accessories to sprucing it up with colorful flowers and vibrant green plants, there are many methods for making your outdoor landscape look fabulous. Adding large ceramic planters to your yard or large concrete planters along your walkways are easy ways to make your property a stunning visual piece of natural art for all to see and admire. From simple, classic extra large planters to large ceramic planters with a stylish twist, you’ll find the perfect large planter pots with which to decorate your home or business.
Laguna Planter in Playa Blanca Set of 3
The Laguna Planter in Playa Blanca will accommodate your colorful flowers and greenery perfectly. With three different size ovoid-shaped outdoor planters included in the set, you can show off your foliage with ease.
Made of a cement and jute fiber construction, these large outdoor planters are durable, environmentally-friendly, and lovely to look at, all rolled into one outdoor planters set. The Laguna Planter set includes three outdoor planters in the following sizes: 23.25″L x 28.5″H with 13.5″ Base; 16.5″L x 20.5″H with 9.5″ Base; and 10.25″L x 13.75″H with 6.25″ Base.
Bradford Extra Large Planter
Dress up your home’s exterior with the Bradford Extra Large Planter. Extra-large planters for outside are eye-catching additions to any property. Fill this lovely planter with vibrant blooms or healthy green foliage for the finished landscape look you’ve been searching for all along.
The Bradford Extra Large Planter is made of natural clay, resin, sand, and fiberglass finish and is scratch-resistant materials. Choose from the following finish for the one that looks perfect in your yard: Ivory Lite, Charcoal Lite, Onyx Black, Riverstone Lite, Rust Lite, and Lead and Stone Grey Lite.
Danilo Planter Set of 5 in Premium Lite
The Danilo Planter in Premium Lite includes outdoor planters of five different sizes, ranging from extra large planters to smaller planters. Featuring an eye-catching round shape, you can fill these items with a wide array of flowers and greenery. Made of natural clay, resin, sand, and fiberglass material, these planters are durable and lovely to look at as well.
With frost and UV resistant features, you can rest easy when you place these planters outdoors. The set is available in Charcoal Premium Lite and Riverstone Premium Lite colors and each set includes five planters, with one planter in each of the following sizes: 35.50″ x 30.50″ Base: 21.00″; 27.50″ x 23.50″ Base: 16.25″; 21.75″ x 18.50″ Base: 12.75″; 17.50″ x 15.00″ Base: 10.00″; and 13.75″ x 11.75″ Base: 8.25″.
Cole Planter Set of 2
The Cole Planter is made of a lovely glazed terra cotta construction and will add style to any outdoor location. If you’re searching for large planters, you’re going to adore this two-piece set which includes a large planter and smaller planter. Available in four must-have colors, including Cola, Metal Grey, White, and Riviera Blue, the only tough decision will be narrowing it down to one color. The set includes planters in the following two sizes: 20.5″ x 31″ Base: 13.25″ and 16.25″ x 24.75″ Base: 11.25″.
Hampshire Lead Lite Large Window Box Planter Set of 3
The Hampshire Lead Lite Large Window Box Planter offers the classic look of window boxes in a ground-level design. Accentuate the look of your patio or dress up your driveway border with this multi-sized set. Available in a subtle and appealing Lead Lite color, any spot is a perfect place to set up your Hampshire Lead Lite Large Window Box Planter Set of 3 large outdoor planters. The set includes three planters with one in each of the following sizes: 39.5"L x 17.75"W x 17"H; 31.5"L x 15"W x 14.25"H; and 23.75"L x 10.75"W x 10"H.
Villandry Window Box
The Villandry Window Box is an excellent option when looking for extra large planters for outside. With French flair and creative design, this large outdoor planter is one to add to your landscape. Made of a fiber cement construction materials and complete with frost and UV resistant features, this standing window box is an ideal addition to your property . The Villandry Window Box planter dimensions are 39.5" x 17.75" x 19" and 40" x 18" x 21.5" once assembled.
Rioja Planter Set of 2
When shopping for large planters products and extra large planters, look no further than the Rioja Planter. Available in two tempting colors, Cola and Indigo Rain, this terra cotta planter set will add style and flair to any home exterior. This frost resistant planter set features the following size planters: 18"D x 35.5"H and 14"D x 27"H. With a planter set so lovely, you’re going to want to order two, one for the front of your home and one for your backyard.
Ta Som Planter Set of 2
The Ta Som Planter features two rustic-style planters of varying sizes. If you want extra large planters or large planters, this set should be on your list. The glazed terra cotta planters are available in three appealing colors, Angkor Green Mist, Angkor Red, and Angkor, and feature one planter in each of the following sizes: 21"L x 21"W x 34"H and 13.5″L x 13.5"W x 22.75"H. These are perfect for outdoor use and are frost resistant.
Adding large planters pot or extra-large planters products to your home’s exterior will provide you with an easy and aesthetically pleasing way to dress up your landscape and make your property the talk of the neighborhood.
If you are looking for more planter designs, check our Planter Collection. Living in an Urban area? Find ways to accentuate your home with these Modern Planters for Your Garden without comprising your living space. At Outdoor Art Pros, we offer a wide range of products that will surely beautify your home, Contact us here if you have any question.
- Luisa N
- Tags: planters